If you’re interested in growing marijuana for either personal or commercial use, there are a few things to keep in mind before getting started. Your climate and region can play a role in the type of strains that will grow best, as well as how you should go about planting them. Like anything else worth doing, cultivating cannabis takes time and effort – so make sure it’s something you enjoy before investing yourself too deeply. In this article we’ll explore some of the best indoor strains for both beginners and experts alike.
Best Strains to Grow Indoors
Qualities of a good marijuana strain
If you’re new to marijuana growing, it can be tough to get started. With all of the different strains, grow tents, and lights available, how do you even know where to begin? The best way to become a successful grower is two-fold: research your options extensively AND order a starter kit. GG4 store offers affordable home kits that are personalized for each customer’s individual needs. Plus – our starter kits come with three months free support from professionals! Our sets don’t include seeds (although if you live in an area where marijuana is legalised, it shouldn’t be hard September obtain some), but we will outline the three main types of strain below:
- If you’re seeking a strain of marijuana that will alleviate stress and anxiety while also promoting creativity and focus, look no further than sativa.
- Indica can offer full-body effects, helping with relaxation and sleep.
- Some hybrid strains offer a mix of the two main types.
Before you order your kit, it’s important to pick the right strain for you and know how to verify if your plant is healthy. Here are some factors of a strong marijuana plant:
- Both smell and taste can affect your marijuana-smoking experience, from the skunky odor to the fruity flavors. Be mindful of these factors as you select seeds and grow your plants.
- Quality. Everyone wants to get a high from marijuana, regardless of why they’re using it. Understanding your limits will help you grow the perfect strain.
The physical appearance of marijuana can be indicative of its quality, just like flowers in a garden.Nugs should ideally be bright and strong-looking, although there is some variation in color depending on the type. Trichomes (the tiny crystals on the surface of the bud) and stickiness are generally signs of highquality product.
Are all weed strains suitable for indoor growing?
While you can grow any weed strain indoors, some will do better than others. Indoor growers have complete control over the environment which gives them more options to choose from when growing. The most important part is to have the right equipment and understand what you’re growing. It may take time and trial and error, but stick with the process. Eventually, you’ll be able to grow high-quality marijuana indoors. If you want to reduce stress and have more time to enjoy the process, buy a kit that includes everything you need. GG4 store has home grow kits with soil, nutrients, and all the supplies necessary to grow weed strains indoors.
The following strains are ideal for indoor growing:
- Blue Dream
- Banana Kush
- OG Kush
Always remember that different companies name their strains differently. If you need help, feel free to ask around at GG4 store or look for other reliable sources.
Best strain to grow indoors for beginners
To ensure a successful operation, take some time to prepare before you start growing. The type of products you use can be more crucial than the strain itself. Do your research on the process and familiarize yourself with what to look for and when to make changes to the environment. When you purchase a GG4 store kit, you get 3 months free support from experts that will help guide you through your journey. If you’re ready to get started, consider these beginner-friendly strains for indoor growers:
#1. Blue Dream
When you hear the name of this popular strain, you might think it’s time for a nap. But when properly grown, the experience is one you’ll want to have again and again. Blue Dream is also one of the easiest strains to grow, making it perfect for beginners. It produces full-body effects that include a calm state of mind and increased creativity.
Harlequin is a step up from Blue Dream if you’re looking for something stronger. Its high CBD:THC ratio makes it ideal for beginners, and patients have described the effects as euphoric yet calming—a fun combination. This strain flowers quickly and Is tolerant to weather changes, making it easy to grow hydroponically or in soil.
#3. Grandaddy Purple “GDP”
Grandaddy purple is an ideal strain for beginners, whether smoking or growing. It’s best kept indoors and will require close attention to pruning and humidity, but we encourage you to give this strain a shot. As a sweet indica, this strain provides an anxiety-relieving and sleepy high. Additionally, it can also provide pain relief.
Best feminized weed strains to grow indoors
Feminized or female weed strains have been genetically engineered. They can be easier to grow, making them popular for beginners. These strains are often bred to maximize potency and smell. When growing, you save time as you eliminate the need to discard male plants. Lastly, feminized strains usually depend on light cycles so you’ll need to adjust schedules if growing indoors. In most cases, schedules will be adjusted when the plant reaches its halfway point of final heightgrowth Some of the best feminized indoor grows include:
- White Widow
- Purple Kush
- Grandaddy Purple
- Northern Lights
Best sativa strains to grow indoors
As we discussed earlier, sativa can be used for an energetic high at any time of day. However, some strains may present challenges when growing indoors, such as its height. Therefore, it is important to choose the right strains. Here are some of the best sativa strains for indoor growing.
- Maui Wowie, a legendary sativa strain, flowers in as little as 9-11 weeks. Maui Wowie is well known for its distinct fruity flavor and top quality amongst users, which often leads to high prices for the product. These reasons make it all the more worthwhile to grow your own Maui Wowie.
- Trainwreck: Although this sativa is a good option to grow indoors due to its lack of height, it may not be the best pure sativa strain as it typically has moresativa effects than indica. However, one positive aspect is that this plant can flower in only 9 weeks!
AK-47: As the name suggests, this strain is potent. With a mostly sativa composition, AK-47 only reaches about four feet high making it an ideal indoor plant. Plus, it flowers in as little as 9 weeks!
Best indica weed strains to grow indoors
Indica strains are generally shorter and bushier as opposed to sativa strains, so if you’re growing them indoors, height shouldn’t be a primary concern of yours. Ideal for sleeping or nighttime use, there exists a plethora of indica strains that provide smokers with a body high. To get you started, here are three great indoor indica options.
- The Blue Cheese cannabis strain is perfect for indoor growth and can put up a fight against common pests, mold, and incorrect watering levels. If you’re a beginner in the gardening world or simply don’t have much time to devote to your plants, this resilience makes it a great choice. You can grow Blue Cheese indoors or outdoors, although keeping it contained will make training simpler. With short flowering times and high yields, smoke from this indica-dominant strain is effective for pain relief and relaxation after a long day.
- The Papaya strain is an indica-dominant hybrid that can flower in as little as 8 weeks. It’s best grown indoors, and it has a papaya-like smell. This strain thrives in stressful conditions, making it ideal for busy growers.
Best high yield weed strains to grow indoors
To reduce the amount of time and effort you spend on your grow operation while still getting great results, try these 5 high-yield strains for growing indoors:
- Lemon Shining Silver Haze
- Royal Skywalker
- Skunk XL
- Blue Dream
- White Widow
Best high potency strains to grow indoors
2022 is just around the corner, and if you’re looking for a potent cannabis strain to grow then look no further than Godfather OG. This hybrid can be easily grown indoors or outdoors and is known to produce an initial head-high that quickly turns into full-body euphoria. Another powerful option is PacMan OG, which as its name suggests, should ideally be grown indoors. Growing marijuana requires plenty of research beforehand, but it’s definitely worth the investment in the end. If you decide to grow your plants indoors then you’ll need to set up your space accordingly.